"Celebrate the everyday"
Thanks to a wise and awesome mother, who sent me a card the other week with that phrase on the front, and her words on the inside:
"I liked this card because there's something to celebrate everyday when you're a mom -- whether it's something new your little one did, or just that you made it through the day!"
I often remind myself of celebrating the everyday, and my mom's words. Celebrate the everyday is my new favorite quote.
However, I think that today I'll be celebrating the fact that I made it through the day.
That's what I had to keep telling myself today as my poor baby cried all morning and all afternoon. Poor thing...she can't breathe, her tummy hurts, and she was tiiiiired! Finally, she fell asleep and I put her down in her crib. Ten minutes later, I went in to check on her and she was still asleep...until I went to get the camera. This is what I found when I returned:
Sigh.
On a brighter note, I finally have a picture where you can see just how blonde our little Lexi-bean is! (See the first picture!)
I sure love my baby though!

I realize that even though Terrell is light you could end up with a blondie, but I have a hard time imagining you w/ a fairhaired baby. But then again we have that same issue at our house. Many a person asked Ethan if M. was his baby when she was little.
ReplyDeleteThose first few weeks are brutal. Luckily, they end. :)
ReplyDelete