January 27, 2011

Utah?! Utah.

I swore on my life that I would never live in Utah with my family. Terrell said the same thing.

However, we're going to stay in Utah.

We made this decision because of Lexi and we feel good about our decision which is VERY surprising for me; that means that it is definitely the right decision.

We wanted to keep Lexi close to Primary Children's Hospital and with her current specialists, in her therapy program, etc and decided that we were going to move closer to SLC. We won't be moving until April/May, and we still don't know where yet. We're looking into Pleasant Grove, Lehi, West Jordan, etc. Definitely not in Provo, though. Or Orem! :)

Positives of staying in Utah: Primary Children's Hospital, 2 siblings live here (with their respective spouses or almost spouse), temples are all around, access to Church stuff, mountains, extended family, Jodi will be coming out here for school in 1.5 years, and we don't have to spend as much money in our move.

Who knows how long we will be here, but definitely for a lot longer than we expected! Terrell is currently looking for jobs, so if anyone knows of any good ones...!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the "I swore on my life I would never live in Utah" club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been reading "I Am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson and the whole premise is about listening to the Spirit and following Heavenly Father's plan for our life, not what we think our plan should be. It has been so helpful for me as we are into our "challenge" of finding a new job. I don't really want to move, and hope that we don't, but if we do, I'm trusting that it will all work out because that is what Heavenly Father wants to have happen.

    I didn't want to move back to Utah after I graduated and moved on, but it all worked out. Good luck with your own job search and move. We're right there with you....literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE Lehi! It's great if you start looking i know there are some nice townhomes in our area! We'd love to have you close by and their are tons of little kids in the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've learned that you should never say never. Being from Orem I'll try not to be offended by your dislike of it. :)

    ReplyDelete