Today, Lexi and I ran our first 5k - the Rex Lee Run. It was a really great day for a race.
At the beginning, the people were dumb and set of 'George Q' RIGHT by the starting line - and didn't even tell us when they were planning on starting. AKA the cannon shot scared Lexi to death and she was screamin' and screamin'. And screaming. And screaming. Did I mention she was screaming? Yeah, the WHOLE race. This was so frustrating for me because I kept having to stop to calm her down as she would start hyperventalating. Sometimes I even had to carry her and just walk. I was hoping to run a lot more than I was able to, but my little stinker wouldn't allow that.
We finished at 00:50:34. Yikes. Hopefully, next race I can actually run it more and not have to stop to calm a crazy baby down!
Before the race began
Here is what Lexi looked like at a good moment during the race:
I saw some old friends from a previous ward: Kristin and Becky!
I am totally doing another 5k.




Hey I know Becky:) lol... small world.
ReplyDeleteYay for you! I need to get my butt in gear and do one because I'm going to train for a 10k with my neighbor. I love 5k's so we'll see how double feels!!!
ReplyDeletegood job kellie!
ReplyDeletethats so great kellie!! CONGRATS!!!!! Hopefully Lexi will be happier next time:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! You're inspiring.
ReplyDeleteEven though you had a screaming baby you finished it! Way to go Kellie! You are my motivation :)
ReplyDeleteGo kellie! Go Lexi!
ReplyDelete