July 29, 2011

Lexi's Cast

On Tuesday, Lexi got her first round of serial casting. She did great - it only took an hour instead of the 2 they had blocked out. The casting is to help post-botox and make her foot/leg/ankle forced into a certain position for a week at a time. She will be re-casted on this coming Tuesday, and then possibly again the following Tuesday. Each time they take the cast off, her range of motion will be tested prior to applying a new cast.
She's handling it pretty well for a 1 1/2 year old! And of course, 3 hours after we got her cast on, we had to go BACK to get another cast on because she somehow got out of her first one.....silly kid.
Below are pictures of her with her FIRST cast that she took off. I'll post more of her current one later, because it is MUCH cooler! :) It weighs a bazillion pounds, but she keeps on truckin! Some of the pcitures is the sandal boot that she can wear over her cast, but since it's an XS and still twice as big as her casted foot, we just put her in a sock now!




1 comment:

  1. Haha I laughed again when I saw the pics, so cute sad!! ...you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete