January 11, 2012

"My Texture Board"

To help Lexi become more aware of her right hand, I made her this texture board:



My Texture Board
Supplies:
Craft Bond Spray Adhesive
Scrapbook paper
Carpet square sample
Beads
Styrofoam
Wax paper, crinkled
Sandpaper
Satin fabric
Velvet Fabric
Paint Square sample
Paint pen
Wood board

Steps:
1. Gather supplies
2. Spray wood board with craft bond
3. Lay paper on wood board
4. Cut out desired size/shape of the texture materials
5. Glue on with craft bond
6. Label textures

Texture Sections
Velvet: cheap velvet fabric scrap
Silk: satin fabric scrap
Scratchy: sandpaper
Smooth: Paint square sample
Soft: Carpet square sample
Sticky: sprayed craft bond on a piece of paper
Bumpy: Glued beads on a scrap of paper
Rough: cut the end off of a piece of styrofoam
Crinkly: wrinkled wax paper
BONUS: I used textured scrapbook paper as the background to give it more textures.

It didn't turn out quite how I wanted it to, but what craft project ever does?

created by .kf

2 comments:

  1. You are so crafty! Looking at this post and the one of Lexi's room! Wow! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete