April 13, 2012

Frederick Update 04.13.12

It's been quite a while since I blogged - OOPS! I have tons of posts/pictures I need to do but for some reason, I just haven't! Here's our update as of today!

Terrell is working hard at work! The other Operations Specialists at his job up and quit, so now he is the man. He pretty much does everything. Designs obstacles, builds them, flies out to potential venues, designs the trail you run, etc etc etc. Man I have one talented (and attractive) husband!
He's also been working very hard to earn his patches to be knighted in his motorcycle club, Templar Knights. I am SO proud of him! :-) He's had a lot of tasks he's had to do and he did them! Way to go babe! His ceremony is tomorrow evening, and unfortunately, it's "secret" so I don't get to attend. I told him he has to take lots of pictures afterwards!
He is still working at Target as a nighttime security man as they remodel. That job has been very taxing as it is all night long after an all day work day at RHR. Poor guy! Luckily it will be done in June.
Terrell is pretty much the best daddy in the whole world. Lexi loves to play with him. Dancing, wrestling, hide and seek, blocks, you name it! I am so lucky to have married such a wonderful man.

As for me, I feel like my life is pretty predictable. I still work at Planet Fitness on weekend evenings, I still stay at home being a mom, and I still clean, cook, do laundry, and play with Lexi. Such is life as a mom! Currently, I'm planning not one, not two, but THREE baby showers, and I'm loving it! It's going to be a busy few weeks!
I'm also doing a get-healthy-challenge with my mom and sister. Easy things, but for some reason this week has been a rough one! For all three of us it seems. My goal is to lose 20 lbs before I can get our family pictures this year. Bummer....hopefully I can make myself do it!
I was finally able to go to the eye doctor after....who knows how long....and I got new contacts and new glasses (not the ones in the picture). Let's just say my glasses are about 8+ years old, and the pair of contacts I had been wearing was about 4 months old. Thank goodness for eye doctors!

Lexi is such a girl! She loves dresses, nails, dancing, princesses, twirling, Barbies, being a sassy-pants, and pretty much anything else girly you can think of! 
She absolutely ADORES swinging! She would swing on the swing set ALL day if I let her (and that's not an exaggeration....it's the end of the world if we have to go inside!) She loves to "swing high" and even though it makes her sick sometimes, she wants to keep going! Luckily the weather has been nice so we can go outside.
She also loves to draw chalk, and try and keep up with the neighbor boys on her bike (which is still a little push car!). She loves her neighborhood friends and I think they like her too. We all play lots and lots!
She's been pretty sick lately which hasn't been very fun! She woke up with a fever of 104.3 the other night, and has had a sky-high fever for a couple days. She fits all the symptoms of a kidney infection, but tested negative for that (which is good and bad) so now we're back in the unknown stage. It seems like she's feeling a little better today which is good! She also received her 4th - or maybe 5th now that I'm thinking about it - concussion. Another one! Are you serious? She has such a fragile brain and skull, it's just ridiculous. Poor kid. She almost had to get another CT Scan, but luckily, ended up not having to. If only I could wrap her head in bubble wrap!

(you can laugh - - - IT'S HILARIOUS!)

As far as the family goes, we've been busy busy! We were able to celebrate Easter together which was fun (post to come)! We started using the Dave Ramsey Envelope System to assist in our finances and we love it! We really enjoy our little condo here in Orem, and are grateful for such a great location. Since the weather has been so nice, we've been using our little grill a whole ton --- mmmm delicious! In other news, Terrell's sister Marsi is marrying his best friend JD in August. Did I mention that I set them up?! Yeah, we rock! We're very excited for them.

Check back for fun day-to-day posts that I have yet to post! Lots of posts and pictures to come!

1 comment: