September 5, 2013

I'm a slacker.

Its been well over a month since I updated our blog.
That's bad.
I'm a slacker.
So, here goes!

Terrell is now working for a different company, Human Movement Management, still doing the 5K Foam Fest, as well as a couple different races. So far he loves the new company, though the turn over to the company has proved a little rocky for us. It's been nice to have him home, though! He's been biking almost every day and we're hoping to get him racing soon! Last night we attended our first CycloCross race and he hopes to race in the series soon. His motorcycle has been pretty lonely out in the parking lot, and hasn't ridden it much since the switch to the new company. Poor motorcycle! Terrell has been a rock star dad playing with Lexi constantly and is Lexi's favorite part of the day. He's been selling his body (aka Plasma) to gear up for his annual trip to Interbike in Las Vegas with his uncles and cousin. He leaves in a couple weeks! Terrell also went to his very first It Works! event and is loving the company and the products!

I am doing the same thing I always do! Being at home, being with the fam! I'm still enjoying "working" for It Works! and the happiness it's brought into our lives. This past weekend, I did my first ever booth at an event...the 5K Foam Fest! It was a challenge, due to lack of babysitters so Lexi came with, but she's a trooper and we survived. So far, It Works! has helped me lose 10 pounds, and I'm shooting for another 10 pounds by my birthday! I've been lifting and gymin' it up and it's nice to be active again. I've also starting singing again because Jodi is letting us borrow her keyboard! Yay! I've been wanting to play basketball again, and start scrapbooking more but where oh where does the time go! I think I'm losing my mind! I'm getting all the details finalized for Lexi's surgery and insurance (gag me, insurance company!!!) and that's proved a little bit headachy! 

Miss Lexi is a school-going girl! She was accepted into Bridges Preschool, a preschool designed for kiddos with special needs! She attends T/TH for 2 hours each day. She loves preschool and is always anxious to go! Lexi is also working on going on the potty like a big girl! This is a challenge for her due to her Right Side and her decreased ability to feel things, but overall, she is ROCKING! She is trying to earn a Barbie surprise! Lexi absolutely loves having her daddy around lately and tries to be like him so much! After our adventure to the CycloCross race she came home prepared to ride a race track like her daddy will be doing! I'm amazed every day at this girl's determination and fun personality! She is one tough cookie, and already knows how to stand up for herself, and get things done! She loves dancing, Barbies, Little People, minions, swinging, singing, reading books, twirling, "helping" Mommy, tackling and teasing Rosie, and watching her shows!

Rosie is a big bad 1-year-old dog now! Well, she's not super big, and can be a bad dog sometimes, but we're still grateful she's in our family. She just turned on last week and I made her an "ice cake" out of beef broth! Hahaha...best dog treat ever! She's been so whiney lately so no more spoiling the dog! Rosie is a good dog and just loves everyone (maybe a little too much) and likes to shove her snout and head under your arm so you'll pet her. She needs more friends. ;-)

We recently got our family pictures taken by the talented Amber Russell with Timeless Design Photography. She did an incredible job and we are so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives! Here is one of our favorites!

Here is a photo of me at St. Louis It Works! Boot Camp! I had a blast, learned a lot, made new friends, and got motivated! This company is absolutely mind blowing and incredible!

After boot camp, Terrell's wonderful Grandpa, LaMar Goates passed away and we headed up to Boise for his funeral and some family time. This is a picture of Terrell's Grandma, and the Goates' kids! Terrell's mom is in the white shirt.

Lexi received a surprise of a full Rapunzel dress up set, complete with wig! We don't know who it was from officially, but we are about 99% sure it's from our sweet neighbor, Mildred, who just turned 97 years old! Lexi was ecstatic!

Here is a picture of us at the Salt Lake City It Works! training, just chillin' with the big dogs Mike Potillo and Pam Sowder! SO EXCITED! Thanks for babysitting, Kaylie and Alex!

Lexi got to go on a tour of the Provo Fire Station #3 with her buddy Derek (seated next to her) and some of Derek's little pals. Lexi had a blast, and it was really fun to see the fire fighters, fire trucks, and other cool stuff there!

Jodi came back to BYU for the fall and brought Lexi a surprise...a custom painted Rapunzel canvas! Jodi is such a talented artist, and awesome aunt! Lexi was beyond thrilled! Glad you're back, Jodi!

Kind of a blurry picture but that's because Lexi is shakin' it and dancin' for all it's worth!!! She loves the Minion Show (aka Despicable Me) and can often be seen dancing like Gru does at the end!

One of Lexi's favorite places to be is in her big pink stuffed animal bin! She climbs in there quite often! The other day, I found her reading a book in her bin! Too funny!

Other things we've done lately:
The Ormonds came to visit! Lexi loved being able to play with her cousins Ty and Dallin! We made smores with them one night and the kids rode bikes and played outside. The next day, Jenn and Ryan went to a wedding, and we babysat the boys! It was great! Ty went on a date with me to Target, which was so fun and the kids painted and played! Poor Dallin was sick though, and ended up sleeping for half the time!

Labor Day was a lazy day! We bummed around, then grilled outside! Lexi loves being outside so it was perfect. Jodi even came over! Bonus!

We also briefly got to see JaNae, Brandon, Kaylie and Alex at the SLC 5K Foam Fest! And my parents and Lisa/Derek/Mackenzie when Jodi came out here! It's always fun to see family!

That's all folks! :-) 
Stay happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment