April 30, 2010

Poor Baby

Lexi isn't getting better. In fact, she got worse.

She's been on Zantac or Zantec or whatever it's called and that wasn't really doing the job, and so the started her on Prilosec which made life worse for her this week. She's thrown up at least half of the half she's supposed to be eating (aka, 6-7 ounces out of 12-15 ounces which is SUPPOSED to be 24 ounces). She just can't eat. And if she does...well, let's just say we've done the laundry every day this week. She's only gained about 23 ounces in 2.5 months (that's a pound and a half).
So, we took her back in today to try and get some answers.

No answers came.

She's dropped weight this week which is not a good sign, and is now down to 8lbs 10oz since Monday's almost 8lbs 13oz. She got an ultrasound on her stomach today to see if there was some kind of deformity on the muscle, which there's not (thankfully - that would've meant surgery!) but they weren't able to watch her swallow any milk because she was screaming when I tried to feed her (normal occurrence). They've put her on prescription formula to see if that helps, switched her back to Zantac and we'll head back to the doctor on Monday morning to get her checked out by the pediatrician.

She's also started to have panic attacks and they literally scare me to death and I can't get that petrified look on her face out of my head. It's not the "where's my mom?!?!" look because I know what that looks like; it's a look of pure terror. She had 2 today and 1 last night.

We're very concerned and worried about our sweet baby girl and hope that we can figure this out so our Lexi-bean can grow and be happy and healthy! We'd appreciate your prays if you are willing!

On a brighter note, here is an adorable picture of our beautiful baby girl!


PS: Brought her to campus today to get a few things done, and let's just say that Lexi + Women's Conference = I stopped every 5 steps so all the ladies could "oo" and "ah".

7 comments:

  1. That is a sick little girl! She is super cute though. Well keep you all in our prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definitely keep her in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is sooo scary! I really hope she gets better and SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you have probably considered allergies to milk and formula but could it be something like she needs to drink soy or goat's milk? It is so hard to see a little one struggle. We are fasting for her today. Hope you get some answers.
    KayLynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor girl! (And poor you!) We included her in our fast, too. I hope the doctors get things figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!! You are all great! We'll keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry she's not feeling better. I hate that game you play at the doctors of trying to figure out what's wrong. I hope they can give you some answers soon! We'll definitely keep you in our prayers too!!

    ReplyDelete