April 20, 2011

Flowers....or....Dragons?

Some husbands welcome their wives home from vacation with flowers.

My husband welcomes me home from vacation with a lizard.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

I've wanted a Bearded Dragon for a long time, and Terrell surprised me with one when I got back from Iowa! Below is little tiny Berkley, who was barely bigger than my pointer finger. He was so cute!
Unfortunately, Berkley was failing to thrive, as he was a tiny little newborn, so we took him back to PetSmart so the experts there could help him eat and get stronger.







We exchanged Berkley for this fireball-of-a-dragon. He's still considered a "newborn" but he is bigger and stronger and is definitely silly! I named him Meeko (after the raccoon in Pocahontas!) because he acted just like him!


Bearded dragons are considered the friendliest lizards to own. They are playful, yet docile, and are very friendly! Welcome, Meeko!

No comments:

Post a Comment