Unfortunately, I didn't get very many pictures this weekend - bummer! Still waiting to get a new camera!
One of the highlights of the weekend was that I was able to see my sister Mindy and her family as they were passing through on the way to California! I was so excited! I was bummed because I don't get to see them while I'm in Iowa because they are going to still be on vacation! Lucky me (and lucky Lexi and Terrell!) that we got to see them! Jessica was busy teaching Lexi how to be more of a diva (just what we needed...) and taught her how to "model pose" in front of the mirror. Terrell played with the boys outside, and told me that Chase took out Spencer in a wicked awesome football tackle! (Did I mention that Chase is 5 and Spencer is 11??) We then got to eat at Wendy's with the crew and that was fun too! We were also able to see my Grandma and Grandpa Johnson during that time, as well!
On Saturday, Terrell worked Stadium of Fire as usual, so Lexi and I treked down to my Aunt Gayle's house and spent the evening with my extended family! It was great to be around the fam that I don't normally get to see. Lots of the kids went swimming, but I told Lexi she couldn't, so smart Kaylynne filled a bucket with water and had Lexi play in that! Saved the day! Lexi was alllll over the place and I chased her everywhere. She wanted to always be doing what the big kids were doing. One fun thing Lexi and I did was play on Gayle's swing set. She has never really been on a swing, so that was kind of fun to see her! She was so beat from being outside allll day that in some pictures, she looks about ready to konk-out! We left the family festivities around 8pm so we could get Lexi to bed after a long day. Poor kiddo was so wiped out that she slept right through the big ka-booms of the Stadium of Fire fireworks! Lucky me did the laundry during that time! :)
Sunday was a fun - yet tiring - day for me. I substituted in Primary as the music lady again. I always have a blast with that and I try to be just like my mom! Worlds greatest primary music lady there ever was! We did fun things like sing "Hinges" in different voices/voice style, and had a visit from Joseph Smith (aka Terrell), and learned Scripture Power! One of the little boys was being so silly and kept talking in the deepest man voice ever to come out of a 4 year old's mouth! The best part was when I told them we were going to add a little "spunk" to Scripture Power with some hand actions and all the sudden, he says "Spunk" in his hilarious man voice. Man, I wish I had that on film! After music time, I also taught the Sunbeam class! MAN was I beat! :) For dinner, we had a spontaneous grilled burgers-dinner party with the Jones' which was super fun! Alex made deeeellllisssh fries and Terrell grilled up some burgers. That night, Luc spent the night, so Alex and Christen wouldn't have to wake him up super early in the morning to bring him over so they could go be in the parade.
Monday, the 4th was tiring and fun! Terrell and I had twins for most of the day - Luc and Lexi! We took them to the parade, and they had a blast. Luc loved the motorcycles and trucks, and Lexi went crazy for pretty much anything! We didn't stay the whole time - just long enough to see Alex and Christen holding up good ol' Scooby! Luc loves his "Uncle" Terrell and Lexi loves her Daddy....so Terrell was going back and forth holding each kiddo, when finally neither one would come to me! Hehe! Terrell must be cool or something! Little Luc was so cute while putting his hand over his heart. Terrell positioned it and he left it there! How cute is that? The highlight of the parade was definitely the float and army of Strom Troopers, Darth Maul, Darth Vadar and associated bad guys. Totally. Awesome.
After naps for everyone, we headed up Rock Canyon to rock climb for the afternoon. PHEW! I stink at rock climbing! Oh well! At least Alex and I had matching tanks! Terrell took me to Chick Fil-a which was right on the money. Talk about delicious! Lexi was a hoot, as usually. Spilled milk, shoving chicken nuggets and waffle fries in her mouth, trying to drink my pop and ending up spraying it all over me....it was a great dinner.
After naps for everyone, we headed up Rock Canyon to rock climb for the afternoon. PHEW! I stink at rock climbing! Oh well! At least Alex and I had matching tanks! Terrell took me to Chick Fil-a which was right on the money. Talk about delicious! Lexi was a hoot, as usually. Spilled milk, shoving chicken nuggets and waffle fries in her mouth, trying to drink my pop and ending up spraying it all over me....it was a great dinner.
And now, here I am, rambling on about the weekend so I can procrastinate finishing up the house cleaning for just a liiiiiitttttle bit longer! :)
Thanks for reading my novel!











cute! Remmi had a blast with you this weekend too! Thanks for taking such great care of him!! yOu are the BEST!!!!
ReplyDeleteahhh... glad you updated! I was getting bored ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend! Glad it was so great. :)
ReplyDeleteHey if you need a new camera I have an old one laying around. Its pretty old (like 5 years maybe, its Brets from before his mission), but it still works. FB me if you want it!
ReplyDelete