Thing went fairly normally as Lexi was getting ready for bed - stories, songs, bottle, binky, snuggling, getting tucked in. I watched some Grey's Anatomy while I worked on a few projects, and then put in a Yoga DVD to wind down before bed.
Then Lexi woke up screaming screaming screaming.
I run in there and she's having another "attack", but this time it's so more intense, just...strange. I picked her up and carried her to our bed to make sure she was in a safe place where I could sit with her and tried to calm her down. All to no avail, though - it went on and on. I ran and grabbed the camera to try and record some of it, and I started to panic! This one was totally different than other "attacks". I called Terrell (he's out of town) and then Lexi started doing even weirder things. Her mouth was pulling in a weird direction, and it was twitching, all the while she's screaming, arm spasms, yelling NO, then going "stiff as a board" and then continued with her weird twitching.
Okay, break down time. I started bawling and didn't know what to do. Why the heck does everything happen when Terrell is out of town!
I was still on the phone with Terrell, which is good, because I did NOT know what to do. He made me go over and get my friend and neighbor Whitney (you're the BEST!) which I was grateful for! She helped calm me down and is really knowledgeable about medical things so she was a big help. He also called Lisa & Derek so Lexi could get a blessing.
Her left pupil was dilated, but not her right one which was very strange. She was also chewing on her tongue and had a slight head bob. Can you say worrisome?
We decided to take her to the ER just to be safe, because you just never know. When I got in the car, I started hyperventilating...I took a chance and called my mom in Iowa, hoping she'd answer the phone - and she did! PHEW! I couldn't breath, and just hearing my mommy's voice helped a lot! Thanks, Mom!
We got to Timp Regional around 12:50am and, of course, we were the only ones there so we were admitted right away. They hooked her up to the heart rate machine and the blood pressure machine and she stayed on that the duration of our stay. They drew 2 vials of blood, and took a urine sample to rule out viral infections triggering a seizure-like thing, which all came back OK. She had an IV put in so after her blood was drawn, they flushed it with fluids and stuck in an IV for a little while. While the nurse was taking it out, it kept moving around and Lexi kept saying OWIE OWIE! As soon as it was out, it bled through the gauze in about 2 seconds so we had to rewrap it and make it tighter to stop all that bleeding! Good thing the co-flex was pink! :-)
The nurses were so cute and gave Lexi a kitty to hold. She loved it and told us a kitty said meow (through her screaming and crying...too cute!) We had to wait about 30 minutes for the results (above) and so I busted out Netflix on my phone (thanks JD!) and we watched SuperWhy which Lexi thought was cool.
The doctor was really sweet and called her "pretty girl". He decided that since her results from the viral infections were all OK that they would send us home. However, he really wanted to get imaging done up at Primary Children's Hospital because of how weird/intense it was, so he gave us a prescription for an MRI up there, so in case there is something different about her brain cyst, we're already up there. I'm currently waiting near my cell phone, waiting for the Primary's imaging department to call and let us schedule her MRI. I'm unsure if I want it NOW or if I want to wait until Terrell gets home on Monday. We'll see.
When we got home, all the sudden Lexi had this burst of energy; she was running EVERYWHERE and giggling and saying really silly things. It was like she was in shock with an adrenaline rush or something! She got out all her mermaid toys and was tapping them together yelling "CHEERS!" (what she says when something matches...weirdo) and giggling. My thoughts? Man this is going to be a long night...I mean morning...or whatever.
I finally got her calmed down enough to get some medicine in her, and directed her to our bedroom so she could sleep with me. We finally headed to bed around 3/3:30am and we were exhausted!
Thanks for reading this post - it was mainly a "journal" type thing for me so I could have this documented! I'll post more as I know it!
June 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my goodness!! Sweet little Lexi. It breaks my heart for both of you!
ReplyDeletehugs and kisses from us to you.
ReplyDeleteThat's really scary! Hope everything continues to be okay!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, poor little Lexi, and poor Mommy! Love you!
ReplyDeleteOh my!! You have me in tears as well. I say have her MRI now. You don't want to repeat last night. If it nothing you'll have a peace of mind.
ReplyDeleteLove you Kell!!
Michelle
I'm sorry for all of the stress you have to deal with :( Please let me know if you ever need something!
ReplyDeleteYikes! I hope all turns out OK! Poor little Lexi!
ReplyDelete