February 18, 2011

Newbery Books

I have decided to read all the Newbery Award Winner books since the year I was born. That's 23 books. Perhaps someday, I'll read the list in it's entirety.

Here are the Award winners I've already read....
Holes (Sacher)
View from Saturday (Kohigsburg)
Walk Two Moons (Creech)
The Giver (Lowry)
Number the Stars (Lowry)
Bud, Not Buddy (Curtis)
Out of the Dust (Hesse)
Shiloh (Naylor)

These are Award winners I've already read that are from years prior to my birth....
Bridge to Terabithia Paterson
Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry (Taylor
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (OBrien)
A Wrinkle in Time (LEngle)
Island of the Blue Dolphins (ODell)
The Wheel on the School (DeJong)
Dear Mr. Henshaw (Cleary)
Jacob Have I Loved (Paterson)

Here are Newberry Honor winners (different than the actual award) that I've already read....
Princess Academy (Hale)
Hoot (Knopf)
Ella Enchanted (Levinre)
The Watsons Go to Birmingham: 1963 (Curtis)
The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm (Farmer)
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle (Avi)
Hatchet (Paulsen)
Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Cleary)
Ramona and her Father (Cleary)
Frog and Toad Together (Lobel)
My Brother Sam is Dead (Collier)
The Egypt Game (Snyder)
Cricket in Times Square (Selden)
My Side of the Mountain (George)
Old Yeller (Gipson)
Charlotte's Web (White)
My Father's Dragon (Gannett)
Little Town on the Prairie (Wilder)
The Long Winter (Wilder)
By the Shores of Silver Lake (Wilder)
Mr. Popper's Penguins (Atwater)
On the Banks of Plum Creek (Wilder)

Click here for the website.

2 comments:

  1. So what are you thoughts on Princess Academy? I don't love much of anything I've read by Shannon Hale but my mom in law keeps telling me to try Princess Academy. I'm going to go by what you say because it looks like we have pretty similar taste in books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Princess Academy, but I didn't really like many other of Hale's books. I say read it!

    ReplyDelete