Today was a trying day. I just felt tired of everything! So much going on, and I just was tired of so much!
I was talking to my wonderful mom on the phone, just crying crying. Lexi comes over, sits on my lap and starts wiping my tears with her blanket.
"I wipe your tears Mommy."
Then of course I cry harder.
"It's okay, Mommy, I help you feel better."
She wipes my tears, tucks blankets under my neck, and gets me one of her dolly pillows.
"Here Mom, a pillow for your head to feel better!"
I cry harder. How come she is so sweet?!
"Uh oh, Mom! What happened? I get your tears."
Sob.
"I will sing you a song Mommy, to feel better."
She sits by my side and sings softly a song that I can't make out. The only phrases I catch:
"I love my Mommmmmm. My mommmmmyyyy."
Sob.
"Mommy, you sad?"
"Yes, Mommy's feeling sad. But you are helping me feel better."
"Yeah Mommy, I get your tears. And sing a song to feel better."
"Thanks, sweetie. I love you so much!"
Yes, Lexi's a sweetie.
August 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is so sweet, I almost started crying!! Lexi is such a special girl :) I hope you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteHow incredibly sweet! I love you!! :)
ReplyDeleteLexi is a blessing in so many ways. I love you Lexi, and I love you too Kel!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!
ReplyDelete